I have so many things on my list to blog about and I was going to actually start doing them – the Army Issue Bathroom update (overdue) the remaining Life Hack (overdue) some stunning fabrics from fabulous designers – not overdue but need to be shared, my upcoming trip to Decorex…the list is endless. However, it looks set to stay endless for this weekend at least because I got distracted (again).Now, while I understand of all the days to write a blog post like this, Sunday is probably the least appropriate day of the week, but you know what? We all have to look forward to something, so perhaps this week, when your alarm goes off at some ungodly hour tomorrow morning you can think, “Yeah, only 4 more times of waking up like this until I can drink some amazing cocktails”. Well, that or you can just throw caution to the wind and try them all NOW! Either way, I can promise they all taste delicious and at the very worst they make beautiful pictures too!
There are so many cocktail recipes on the web you are spoilt for choice – I’ve managed to narrow my down purely by the fact that they look delicious!
St. Germain Margarita – 1/ 1/2oz silver tequila, 1 1/2oz St Germain Elderflower Liqueur, 1 1/2oz lime juice, coarse sea salt.
- Rub a slice of lime around the rim of a margarita glass or tumbler and dip into coarse sea salt. Fill with ice cubes and set aside.
- Combine tequila, St. Germain and lime juice in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake until cold. Strain into prepared glass.
Melontini – 1oz Midori, 1oz white cranberry juice.
- Shake with ice and pour into martini glass.
- Garnish with melon balls on skewer.
Shanghai Buck Cocktail – 4 tsp grated fresh ginger, 1 tsp Angostura bitters, 2 tbs lime juice, 1/2 cup light rum, 12oz ginger beer.
- Put 2 tsp. ginger, 1/2 tsp. bitters, and 1 tsp. juice into each of 2 tall cocktail glasses.
- Fill both glasses with ice.
- Add rum (if using), dividing evenly, and top each glass with ginger beer
Gin Mojito – 2oz Gin, 1oz lime juice ounces gin, 10 mint leaves, 1 tsp sugar, splash of sugar syrup, apple juice.
- Muddle mint and sugar in glass; add everything else but the apple juice; fill with crushed ice; add the apple juice
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Muddle blackberries.In a cocktail shaker, shake together gin, simple syrup and fresh lemon juice until well blended.
- Add the muddled blackberries. Shake again.
- Divide crushed ice into 4 tall shot glasses, filling to the top but not packing the ice. Pour cocktail mixture over crushed ice.
- Top each shot glass with 1 blackberry. Serve cold.
Now, if that doesn’t make you run to the booze cupboard and dust off all those Babycham glasses (yes, I know you have them) then nothing will!
As always, thanks for reading and drop by again soon.